Photo source: Interactive Powers. Creative Commons
What are main questions about connecting a DialogFlow agent to a telephony system?
It’s important to get some important differences between the Google Phone Gateway and our DialogFlow Gateway powered by a Smart IVR platform.
Can I get a Number (PSTN) from any country?
- 🟢 Phone Gateway = Yes, select a PSTN Number in the list of each available country.
- 🟢 DialogFlow Gateway = Yes, connect your own DDI Number or any IP PBX extensions.
Can I connect a 800 Toll Free Number?
- 🟠 Phone Gateway = No, your have to forward your own 800 Toll Free.
- 🟢 DialogFlow Gateway = Yes, register and connect a 800 Toll Free direclty.
Can I make Call Transfers to any number or extension?
- 🔴 Phone Gateway = No, you cannot make call transfers to PSTN numbers or extensions.
- 🟢 DialogFlow Gateway = Yes, transfer to any number or extension from the trunk connected.
Can I connect a SIP Trunk from a Carrier or my own PBX?
- 🔴 Phone Gateway = No, this option is not available.
- 🟢 DialogFlow Gateway = Yes, connect your own SIP Trunk and make outbound calls.
Can I manage Call Control functions?
- 🟠 Phone Gateway = No, it’s limited to the PSTN number provided.
- 🟢 DialogFlow Gateway = Yes, create your own CC functions connected to IVR scripts.
Google Phone Gateway
Phone Gateway is the Google solution enabling a PSTN access to a DialogFlow project, it still very limited for any company to use it in a real business case. Currently, it’s an interesing quick demo service mainly to test your Agent with a phone call.
DialogFlow Gateway solution has been designed for businesses, enabling a complete SIP connectivity with your PBX and telephony systems . You can connect easily any kind of inbound or outbound call thanks to Smart IVR.
Interactive Powers - Streamline your business communications